Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chick Days

Well, Thursday was the last night of farm college.  That night we were given certificates for completing the classes.  Of course my name was spelled incorrectly.  Lucky for them I filled out the evaluation prior to receiving the certificate.  I figure I will just white out the extra e, frame it, and hang it on my wall.  The next big farm things to look forward to is a 3 night rotational grazing workshop and a small farm tour. 

Now that I have all kinds of information and some farming experience under my belt, you would think that I could make some executive decisions around the farm. No way.  Yesterday on my way home from work the husband asked me to stop at Tractor Supply to pick up some stuff for the cows.  When I walked in the door, I realized it's chick days there.  Oh, I thought about buying two.  I knew that would not go over well.  With tears in my eyes, I decided to go pick out a shirt just because I couldn't get the chicks.  Later I asked the husband if I could have two and what I needed.  He told me if I get them I have to take care of them and figure out was is needed....no help.  How fair is that?   Don't worry, I will have my chicks before long and some pygmy goats and a pig....oh yea a llama too!

No comments:

Post a Comment